Shader Model decision before project is made

So after a few tests (on around 3-4 computers) ive noticed most of the computers kept having graphic failures when trying to make a third person or first person game project but after some luck and changing the shader model to 4 instead of 5 i didn’t get the crashes and the projects worked fine across all computers i tested it on i think there should be an option that lets people pick their shader when they are making a new project to fix the crashing issue some of us get

The issue you were experiencing could be related to the graphics cards within the 3 to 4 computers, and them not being DirectX11 compatible. Would you mind providing me with the ‘dxdiag’ from one of the computers that was consistently crashing so I can take a look at its hardware specifications?

Also, how did you manage to get one of these projects open? Any specific steps that you took to work around the issue?

Thank you,

i kept trying to open said project over and over and over till it allowed me (in a small window of time) to change the settings real quick for the preview end of the game as for the dxdiag i can’t supply them at this moment do to the computers being packed away right now