Severe Editor Issues - Unreal Engine 5

I finally installed UE5 and started a new template project just to take a look around. What you see in the video above is what I run into with any project. I have tried the FPS template, the Third Person template, and even the Blank Project template (also tried both Blueprint and C++). It’s hard to tell in the video, but the viewport stutters like crazy and there’'s some major UI bugs such as tooltips and dropdown menus not displaying correctly followed by a random shift to a black screen.

I do have the latest NVIDIA drivers installed and typically use 4.27 which works perfectly.

Anyone else run into similar issues and found a fix?

Here’s my PC specs in case that helps at all:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
RAM: 32GB

UPDATE:
For anyone who has this same issue and stumbles upon this post; I finally resolved this problem by going to NVIDIA Control Panel and restoring my 3D settings do their defaults.

I don’t know exactly what setting was causing the issue because I slowly restored each of the custom settings I had one by one (testing UE5 in between) and the issue never came back.

1 Like

I have the exact same issue here, resetting nvidia to default settings on each individual pannel fixed the glitchy black screen GUI bug but now the program crashes.

3090, 3700X, 64GB 3200mhz DDR4, 4TB SSD NVME, X370 Gigabyte Gaming
512.59 Studio Drivers

Games run fine, UE5.01 is crashing and glitching out like that.
Windows 11 fully updated.

I reset each page individually to default and now it works better, less GUI glitches however I am still having frequent freezing and lag issues and D3D crash.
LoginId:a204bdd843eca99ae98d2f8f7672bd9d
EpicAccountId:6d7324d00df940f9847cfd7a498043a6

Fatal error: [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 859] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1387 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll
DxDiag.txt (94.4 KB)

i had the same problem. if you are using nvidia. I fixed it with program settings from 3d settings.