Setting up multiplayer

Hey All,

Just wanted to make a post here as it’s left me a bit stumped, was setting up a EC2 server on AWS to connect perforce on, to help start a remote project between a college of mine who is based abroad so need it for version control in Unreal 5.

Was almost there to the point where I had generated a key via Putty connected to the AWS instance then came to upload the P4D file to the AWS server however when converting this to an executable it won’t let me launch it due to error “cannot execute binary file” from what digging I have done it seems like it could be due to incompatibility with the particular file I am trying to launch.

Did anyone know what the correct version of P4D I should be using for an EC2 Linux based server hosted on AWS so that the P4D file can launch?

Or if I have just missed something entirely getting this set up!

Buddy the only thing I can tell you for sure is that this is the wrong part of the forum. If you want the right people to get eyes on it, you’ll have better luck moving your post elsewhere. Legacy/UDK Programming is for gameplay programming in Unreal Engine 3.

Also, your post title is “setting up multiplayer.” But your question seems to be about setting up version control.

I’ve never used Perforce before, except once when I downloaded UE3 source code from Epic. After that I have used only my own GitLab. With that caveat on my knowledge of Perforce, I would first look for what you need from Amazon’s own yum repositories. If you can’t get it there, then it looks like you can download various versions from https://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix-core-p4d.