SetObservations in Interactor with Imitation Learning not being executed

Hi,

I am trying to get the imitation learning to work in a simple go to target location environment, and followed the directions given here: Tutorial: Learning Agents Introduction - #84 by Deathcalibur

I managed to get the data collection to work with my interactor and controller working as intended it seems.

However, with a new manager for imitation learning with a ULearningAgentsImitationTrainer, a new policy and the interactor I used for collecting the data, my agent does not move. I added breakpoints to debug and realized my SetUpObservations is being called on SetUp, but the SetObservations is never being executed. Same for the SetupActions which is executed but never the GetActions for my Interactor.

Do you have an idea what I might have forgotten to set?

Thanks a lot for the help and for all the tutorials and answers in the forums, really excited to continue working with the plugin!

1 Like

Hi,

The Imitation Trainer doesn’t actually need to evaluate experience in the scene to train. If you look at the log you should see it running in the background. If you want to monitor what the training looks like you can call RunInference as you would if you are just doing inference and you can see the state of the network.

Hope that helps!

Dan