Set timer node's time input not working

I’m making my first game with ue4 (an endless runner game) and I made a score system: every second you get a point, but i wanna add a feature that the longer you run it takes less time to get a point. as you can see in the pictures, i made a variable (ScoreTimer) that connects to the timer node, and the value of the variable should be the time it takes to get a point, and i made an event that changes the value of that variable every few seconds, but you still get a point every second (I printed the value of ScoreTimer to make sure that the value changes). do you have any other way to do it?

and i made an event that changes the
value of that variable every few
seconds, but you still get a point
every second

Can you show us how you’re doing it?

i’m not at home right now so i can’t send a picture of it, but i did it in a lot of ways-
the one i remember exactly how i did it is this one: I made a new function- set ScoreTimer to ScoreTimer/1.5 and then print it. i added another timer with this function and did a loop that happens every 2 seconds, it did print the correct ScoreTimer value, but it didn’t change the time it takes to the score to go up. when i will be at home again i will rebuild the other ways i did and send them if you need, all of them had the same result.

Timer only reads the variable once when it’s launched. After that it doesn’t matter what you do to the Score Timer variable, the timer will still tick every 1 second.

So what you can do is set it to be non-looping, and reset it every time it ticks, e.g. like this: