Set timer by function not call function ue4

Show us how you doing.

my set timer by function is not working. if i use break point then it run it but it not call the function (runplayer) that is called by set timer by function. if i call the function(runplayer) directly on event tick then it run. if i call function by set timer by function on button click or begin play then it not run it even run player function nt work in begin play

313853-timer.png

• you start the timer and then remove the widget that hosts it. How is that supposed to work?!
  • if you keep no references, the widget might get destroyed
  • the cast node is not even connected…

Technically it could work as is. Judging by what’s shown, it’s either the widget getting removed and scrubbed by the Garbage Collection or the references are not set.

Place Prints String nodes everywhere to see what’s what. Or use the actual debugger to see what is triggering and what is not.

i want to call runplayer function on touch screen using set timer. I want to run my pawn on spline after tap on screen. My runplayer function working on event tick but it run fast so i want to run it slow thats why i am using timer but that is nott working. is there any other way to slow the speed of my player in runplayer function so that i call it on event tick.

is there any other way to slow the
speed of my player in runplayer
function so that i call it on event
tick.

Set Scale Value lower on the Movement Input node.

Don’t use timers for something that needs to be called every frame, especially for something that must be executed as often as the framerate allows - otherwise things will get jerky. Also, due to the way movement input is accumulated during a frame, using a timer for this is a big no-no.

Stick with the Tick!

I ave set scale value to .001 the game start slow then after 1-2 seconds i became fast.

Can you show your blueprint?