"Set Spline Point Type" Doesn't Work? (Construction Script)

Context: I’m making a procedural building tool, this piece of blueprint is for the roof

I’m using a spline to draw the perimeter of the shape, and want the spline itself to have straight edges (for spline mesh component purposes later on). The default spline for the blueprint is a square with each point set manually to “Linear”, but each point added in-engine (using Alt + Drag) defaults to “Curve”. I know these new points can be manually changed to Linear, but figured if the tool could do it automatically, then why not. So I used “Set Spline Point Type” (tried it at the beginning and end of the script), but it doesn’t change the type of any points. I added a Print node to see if it is actually counting all of the spline points, including new ones; which it does, but still, the types of point don’t change.

So I’m not sure if this is a bug or just a feature that we don’t get told about, but any help/ideas would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Also, art-wise, ignore the texture haha, I know it doesn’t really look like a roof, was a just a random texture I used for context when scripting the UV’s :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You need to check “Override Construction Script” and “Input Spline Points to Construction Script” for the Spline component.