Set Simulate Physics client side problem

Skeletal mesh with radgoll physics disappears on the client side after set simulate physics is set to true. I have looked around and found some posts about that problem, but none of them fixes it. It’s not falling through the floor or something, it is just instantly disappearing like it’s being deleted.

Try decreasing the collisions size in Physic Asset of the mesh. Large collisions cause a lot of glitches when your mesh is in ragdoll mode.

It may be a stupid question but how do i do that ? I’m kinda new to ue.

relax, dude, we’ve all been new one day. well, you have a physic asset, right? (that orange asset which was probably generated when you imported your model). double click in it. in the right side of the window, you will probably see all the bones names. select the first one, hold shift and select the last one. now in the toolbox (in the top of the window), you will see the Scale option.
(sorry for bad english, i speak portuguese)

Sad to say that this didn’t work out. They still disappear on client side :l Thanks for the help though! :slight_smile:

okay, i’m sorry i can’t help, good luck

Having the same problem, bumping for answer

Try lowering your level so you can see the origin of the world, ( 0,0,0 ) and see if when you ragdoll your player, he teleports to the origin. If he does check out this thread. It seems to be happening there as well. https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/118390/ragdolling-replication-broke-for-me-in-45.html

I’m having the same problem but in this case it is with a static mesh actor that I dynamically add as a constraint and then enable physics. It works just fine on a editor-defined version of the same type of actor, but if I spawn the actor at runtime with exactly the same class, then calling SetSimulatePhysics causes the actor to disappear to nowhere. No error is logged anywhere.

What’s really strange is inside my blueprint I do a Print String before the SetSimulatePhysics call. If the boolean is false (not simulating physics), it prints the string, but doesn’t enable physics of course. If the boolean is true is does not print the string which is before the call, and the actor is gone without a trace.

BTW, this is UE 4.10.0

I’ve figured out a way to work around it. This doesn’t happen if I make the Static Mesh Component a child of a simple root Scene Component, rather than letting it be the root, which is better for me anyway because it keeps it parented where I want it to be.