set position in viewport widget not working

Hi devs i have a issue where i am trying to use (set position in viewport) node but is not working i have test on unreal engine 5.0 and the same pice of code works fine here is the example

3 Likes

If the element / control / widget is within a container, you might have issues moving it; because the container forbids it from moving.

Thanks for the response, the widget i am trying to change the position is a border with a horizontal box with items inside, so to controll the position of widget is should wrap with a canvas ? so i can use set position in the viewport ? thanks.

Yes something like that! Let me know if you ended up solving the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help i have found the solution.

Still don’t explain why that set view port node is not working properly but doing so research i have found a much better way to do this that follow the screen size.

One more thing for those who are tring to do the same i am leaving the widget that i creating as a reference because the offset is very important to get right to, the offset is mark by the red circle

1 Like

Hi! I can confirm. We have just ported our project from 5.0 to 5.1. We narrowed down when our movable widgets stopped working. It is after porting to 5.1.
I looked into Set Position in Viewport function in C++, and indeed - it has changed a lot from 5.0 to 5.1.
Basically, this function is unusable now. Completely broken.
I have a widget NOT in container. Just created and Add To Viewport called on it. This method works perfectly on UE 5.0 and before. 5.1 clearly broke it.

5 Likes

Yes the same here, unfortunately i way i could fix that issue is to create a widget with an empty canvas add my widget target as a children them based in the slot change the position.

1 Like

Yeah I did very similar thing, now my movable stuff is on empty canvas and I am moving the slot, which works just as good for my use case. However the issue is still there, and the function should be fixed. I’ve created a bug report for this one.

4 Likes

+1 Also broke our placed/draggable widgets in our game after moving from 5.0 to 5.1

Our c++ code however is not broken:

CanvasSlot->SetPosition(TargetLocation);

Salut, en attendant moi j’utilise “Set render Translation” pour le repositioner correctement
2e26c6fce044c0659cc59638653417f4

6 Likes

This works for me in 5.1, in this case from world position to screen space, but it might help someone out.

4 Likes

Thanks ^^ you really helped a somebody

1 Like

tout le monde le fait en anglais, personne va piger

Sadly still broken in 5.3.2. Really disappointing since I am trying to align things based on the size (i.e. pixel count) of the viewport, so this node is the bottleneck for me since I want to set positions based on pixels, not relative to canvas slots or positions in designer.

1 Like