Set physic field to ignore physic asset?

Long story short Iam making a fps game with a lot of destructiblity and enemy ragdoll on death, so I use the Chaos system with a basic field set up (sleep field, damage field, anchor field). I set up the sleep field like they do in the documentation, but it is messing up my ragdoll as it is disabling all physics field entering it (mesh stretching and all that good stuff).
So here’s my question, is there a way to tell the sleep field to ignore a certain type of physic asset (my ragdoll) or at least wait until it stop moving to disable it?
I hope the question hasn’t been awnsered somewhere else on the forum and that someone has a solution!

1 Like

You can use a metadata filter to filter the types of objects a field will affect- setting it to things other than ‘character’ should ignore your skeletal mesh. I’m not sure you can control what a sleep field affects on a more granular level than that though.

But if you just want the field to wait longer before disabling, you can lower the threshold value (if you go into the engine content there is a pre-setup sleep field blueprint ‘FS_SleepDisable_Generic’ with this parameter exposed already). But beware there are some sleep bugs at the moment with skeletal meshes, where individual bodies sleep independently. So you’ll need some logic to sleep everything if one body goes to sleep.