Set mobility not affected in construction script

I create blueprint Actor class in my Unreal.

Into Construction Script I set Rect Light Component and then add set mobility Static like below:

Now I drag my blueprint Actor in my map but I get Movable Mobility sign on my Lamp.

Why?

The reason why you are getting a Movable Mobility sign on your lamp even though you have set the mobility to Static in the Construction Script is because the Rect Light Component is not marked as “Mobility: Static” by default. This is because a Rect Light Component is a dynamic light, which means it is movable by default.

When you set the mobility to Static in the Construction Script, you are only changing the mobility of the blueprint Actor itself, not the mobility of the Rect Light Component. To change the mobility of the Rect Light Component, you need to set it directly in the component’s properties.

You can do this by:

1. Selecting the Rect Light Component in the Components panel.
  2. In the Components panel, locate the “Mobility” section and set it to “Static”
  3. Compile and save your blueprint

This should change the mobility of the Rect Light Component to Static and you should no longer see the Movable Mobility sign on your lamp.

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like