Set IsFocusable

So it seems I can get IsFocusable from a button in a widget but I can’t find “Set IsFocusable”… Does anyone know the reason behind this? I am trying to disable focus when opening a grid of buttons using tab because otherwise the key will scroll through all elements in the grid when you want to close it again pressing Tab. For a gamepad is good having IsFocusable → true but when using mouse and keyboard it should be → false. Anyone?

Are you using Common UI plugin? It has more functionalities and for example you can create your own button class based on CommonButtonBase. Afterwards you can use this node:

1 Like

Never heard of it. Thanks for bringing that up. Now how would I create my own button class with the plugin? Or anywhere I can read about this?

Would you say there is no way to get set is focusable in blueprints using the regular button?

I don’t see option to do it with regular button.
You can learn more about Common UI on this site (btw it has a lot of amazing learning resources - kudos to the Creator)
To create your own button you have to make new BP class derived from CommonButtonBase:

But first you have to enable Common UI Plugin:

I found the web earlier. I have to give it a go and see how everything works. Looks promising specially creating a common activatable widget. Need to see if that could solve the problem I am having when using tab. Maybe you don’t even need to mess with the focus when it does that automatically.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve never heard of this headache savior!