set flipbook doesnt work

Hi im having some trouble with bp heres what im trying to do

When the player presses a button while the button is held down the flipbook will change but when they let go it will change back to the original flipbook.

So theres an attack flipbook and a idle flipbook

And my bp goes like this

Attack ----- released set flip book idle
Pressed set flip book attack

Sorry about not having an image of the bp im typing this all on my phone

My bp sequence is stored in the 2dsidescrollercharacter blueprint

Basically the problem is it compiles but doesn’t work

If anyone could give this complete newbie some insight into what i am doing wrong that would be great.

My bp sorry if the quality of the image is bad

Picture is readable at least. Hmm, “Sprite” is the name of a Flipbook component in that same blueprint I assume? It would have to be since its not throwing errors. I’m not sure on this one that setup should work. I would add a print string to the end of those to test if its registering your input.

I’m so sorry to revive this topic but I’ve run into this issue as well and couldn’t find it being addressed anywhere.

I’ve added a screenshot of my blueprint. I’ve tried two methods to get this working, neither worked and I disconnected the switch/case version because I’d prefer to get the array version working.

On calling this function the state integer should be increased and then the flipbook component should update its flipbook to match the state. I have a print string at the end to check if the integer has updated, it does, so the function is being called and runs all the way through without any errors - but the flipbook doesn’t update. The array values are set to existing flipbooks in the content tray. The flipbooks work if I set them manually in the component. Am I missing something?

I can set the flipbooks of a paper character controller using a select node, using selects to do this also doesn’t work here.

I thought maybe I needed a paper 2d specific class for it to inherit from so I created an actor off paper sprite actor and attached a flipbook with no success and then a paper flipbook actor where I was setting the root component also no.

I thought it may only work in the event graph, as some things can’t work in functions so I moved it out of the function and still nothing.

Again, sorry if I am missing something obvious.