Set Actor Teleport not working

So I want to respawn an actor back to it’s original location at the start of the level. I set up the variables for Ball Spawn Location but Set Actor Teleport doesn’t seem to be working. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Risingwolf706,

When you say “Respawn” - do you mean the soccer ball has been destroyed? Or is it still alive in the level and you’re just wanting to move it?

If it’s been destroyed you’ll have to use “SpawnActor” instead.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the reply. After some experimentation, I discovered that this node doesn’t work on objects that simulate physics. I’ve tried turning off physics before resetting the position, but all that does is stop the ball in place.

Hi again, I’m a bit confused - you’re storing the original location from BP_SoccerBall - but you’re Setting the current Actor’s location - shouldn’t that also be BP_SoccerBall?

1 Like

Hi. The current actor is BP Soccerball. So I could remove As BP Soccerball from get actor location. Same thing still happens with or without it. If it helps I also keep getting this error when I close the game.

Blueprint Runtime Error: “Accessed None trying to read property As BP Soccer Ball”. Node: Set Actor Relative Location Graph: EventGraph Function: Execute Ubergraph BP Soccer Ball Blueprint: BP_SoccerBall

Are you getting the “R” event ok from the soccer ball? Is it set as your player pawn? (or possessed by you)

Does that error only happen when you plug in the AssBPSoccerBall to the SetActorRelativeLocation?

Yes it does apparantly. It stops the ball in place when I press R, it just seems to ignore Set Actor Relative Location. Tried this with a print string and same thing happens. Prints the string, but doesn’t move the ball.