Server Travel Between Persistent Levels, individually

How to make players travel between Persistent Levels [Not inside Persistent Level between Sublevels] in other words [Not between Sublevels inside each Persistent Level] , I hope You Got It ! . And when the first player triggers the travel I don’t want all other players in the same team or not in the same team to travel too, I need each player to travel individually between Persistent Levels.

Definitely that’s make more sense. But when you said;

you will need to run a server for each
map

I’m using Steam Advance Session - Subsystem, so my BP node inside game instance [Create Advance Session] & [Join Advance Session]. How that’s going to work? Should I make those nodes inside each persistent levels? will work?!!

combine the levels into one

Do you mean my 2nd option is to make all sub levels under one single persistent level? If yes, that’s not going to help me in my project idea. I’m looking to save boundary size in world composition for each persistent level for future updates.

The server can only have a single map loaded at once, if you want players to be able to be in different levels at the same time you will need to run a server for each map or combine the levels into one and physically move the players around.

Does that make sense?

I would suggest putting the Session logic in the GameMode or another Actor so you can share it between all the levels. When you create the session on the server you can add a session property based on which map that server has loaded.

You will need to change the logic for player travel to search for the server running the session for the level they want to travel to.

I will try it both now in GM and Actor

you can add a session property based
on which map that server has loaded.

in widget option? this option going to kill the realistic feeling in the game, I’ll stay a way from this option.

You will need to change the logic for
player travel to search for the server
running the session for the level they
want to travel to.

guess this need a lot of testing, I’m going to start doing it now, I will get back with results here with screenshot what I got, Thanks.

Okay,
So I move nodes to game mode, everything works good until now, But
when I lunch the game two windows/times, 1st to start/host and 2nd to join.
the 2nd can not join for some reason. 2nd can join if nodes in game instance

Ah yes. The GameMode only exists on the server which is why it’s not working on the 2nd. Putting it in GameInstance is fine.

should I keep Find sessions only the game instance? or Host and Find Sessions both in game instance?

I would put it all in GameInstance.

I’m confused, when you said:

you will need to run a server for each
map

do you mean the session nodes?

No I mean you’ll need a dedicated server running each map.

It sounds like you’re using a Listen Server in the editor, in which case you will not be able to do what you want as a server can only have one level loaded, and all clients must be on the same level as the server.

GrumbleBunny,
Hope you doing well,
This is a 4th day and I’m still stuck on this step, early of 2019 I was hoping anyone to show me the right way to do it, but on May 2020 this guy never explain the main thing that’s a lot of this asking about it on youtube or reddit and they never get answers or the right way how they done it, its on 41:07 Unreal Engine 4 - Steam Dedicated Server Tutorial - YouTube. If you please record the steps and upload it on youtube, that will be a super help from you.

I complete 2 years since I use unreal engine, until now I cannot make a correct and complete Steam Subsystem Project . My main idea, a project that will work with steam spacewar, plus Travel Between Persistent Levels, individually . So that project must show under Internet Tap in steam servers. without completing this kind of project you will not be able to enjoy building and design a level or sounds and effects, you can’t actually go forward to buy materials, assets or sounds if you don’t own a project like this. its a Master Key.

I follow a lot of youtubers and tutors. I followed them steps from scratch, nothing works well with me, and they never answer the questions, every single one of them hide a step or wont reveal the secret step until they make a lot of youtube followers or discord server members.

Please, please, please. If you still care or interesting to help/teach me on this, I will suggest two ways:

Free way:
1-Record you steps and upload the video on youtube.
2-Do example project and upload it on Github.

Paid way:
1-Do a full project and upload it on Marketplace.
2-I will pay 1 or 2 hours online class with you, using zoom.us, its Free and Unlimited one-on-one Meetings.

In advance, thank you for your precious help.

I’m really sorry you’ve been having trouble. Multiplayer is very hard and takes a long time to master.

So that project must show under Internet Tap in steam servers. without completing this kind of project you will not be able to enjoy building and design a level or sounds and effects, you can’t actually go forward to buy materials, assets or sounds if you don’t own a project like this. its a Master Key.

I don’t know what you mean here. You can make whatever games you want and there are loads of good free assets on the unreal engine marketplace.

Please, please, please. If you still care or interesting to help/teach me on this, I will suggest two ways:

I’m afraid I don’t have any time to make a tutorial / zoom chat with you. I will try and answer questions you have on answerhub.

My main idea, a project that will work with steam spacewar, plus Travel Between Persistent Levels, individually . So that project must show under Internet Tap in steam servers.

You cannot do this. When a client is connected to a server it must load the same map as the server.

I think there are a few key concepts you might not fully understand with unreal multiplayer and would recommend reading through Networking and Multiplayer in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation carefully a few times and reach out if something doesn’t make sense or is confusing.