Server side custom event not being called anymore

Hello everyone,

Just before the update I had a blueprints calling custom events on the server in a custom Player Controller blueprint. However, after the update 4.9.1, it is not working anymore.

I was trying to implement a new event to be called in the same fashion as the ones that used to work. The problem looks like to be when I make a call to my custom GameMode and call one of its BlueprintCallable functions that I wrote (to communicate via socket with another server – working until now too).

Another thing, I used to be able to PIE with a new editor window for both, server and client. Now, if I try to use the server it stops responding.

Hotfixes dont change core behavior. This has to be a case of just bad luck. Have you tried re-creating the behavior on a fresh new project to see if it does the same?

Have you tried deleteing your intermediate,saved, and config folders?

Hope this helps
Don’t forget to accept an answer that best clears your question up or answers it so when the community finds your question in the future via search/google they know exactly what you did to fix it/get it going.

Yes, I just tried. And it “crashes” every time I try to call a function I implemented in my GameMode blueprint.

Debuging shows that the problem is somewhere else (inside the code in my custom c++ GameMode). Moving on trying to solve it!