Server Error in '/' Application. Salt must be at least 8 characters long.

Hi, I just got this error while trying to view some video tutorials on my Macbook in Unreal Engine. What should I do?
Server Error in ‘/’ Application. [HR][/HR]Salt must be at least 8 characters long. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]**Description: **An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

**Exception Details: **System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Salt must be at least 8 characters long.

Source Error:
[TABLE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Stack Trace:
[TABLE]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif][CryptographicException: Salt must be at least 8 characters long.] DotNetNuke.Security.FIPSCompliant.VerifyAesSettings(String passPhrase, String salt) +269 DotNetNuke.Security.FIPSCompliant.DecryptAES(String encryptedText, String passPhrase, String salt, Int32 iterations) +61 DotNetNuke.Professional.Application.ProApplication.CheckLicense() +373 DotNetNuke.Professional.Application.ProApplication.get_HasActiveLicenseOrIsTrial() +22 DotNetNuke.Professional.Providers.PermissionProviders.GranularPermissionProvider.GranularPermissionProvider.HasPagePermission(TabInfo tab, String permissionKey, Func`2 licenseInvalid) +31 DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.ProcessMasterModules() +86 DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.OnInit(EventArgs e) +69 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +454 System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +239 DotNetNuke.Framework.DefaultPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) +2128 System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +454 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1719 [PageLoadException: Salt must be at least 8 characters long.] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions.ProcessPageLoadException(Exception exc, String URL) +631 System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +106 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +10209 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +348 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +75 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +105 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +866 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +213 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +91

Same here, experiencing it for days now (i.e. https://academy.unrealengine.com). I guess all we can do is wait until they find someone who has the time to take care of it.

Thanks for reporting this. We hadn’t seen the issue until today. I’m sorry that it has been affecting you for days. You might try clearing cookies for docs.unrealengine.com to see if that helps. We have someone looking for the root cause and will let you know as soon as we resolve it.

I actually did just that, removing cookies and re-login temporary helped (although the issue still comes back randomly, some page refreshes usually solve it). Thanks!