Server connection timeout setting

Hi,

I originally posted this on Steam, but since it is probably related to UE4 networking, I’m trying my luck here.

I run private servers for our group, namely Empyrion and Ark. My ISP connection is stable, but has the occasional “burp” that lasts about one second. For Empyrion its not a problem, but for Ark, all players get immediately disconnected (and rather rudely dismounted). They can then immediately reconnect to the server (but are having their faces eaten by whatever was below).

I play on the LAN where the server is and never disconnect when my group does, so I know its not a mod.

I am following up with my ISP, but I was wondering if there is a server setting that would make the clients less sensitive to intermittent network glitches. I tried adding some settings in Engine.ini under HTTP, /Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver and /Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.PartyBeaconHost that increase timeout values, but that hasn’t helped.

I’ve tried enabling the Steam P2P subsystem, and tweak the settings, but could not make it work (players could connect to the server, and even enter the password, but then they would get an error “unable to query server…”)

I’ve toyed with the idea of using bRawSockets, but am unsure if this will actually make things better.

Anyone have any ideas?