Seriously? Can't resolve launch fail after 3 days!

Okay; used UE4 a few weeks ago but reinstalled my os due to chrome html hijack which bluescreened my pc requiring restart. New install is working fine after hd wipe using linux partition tool.
The launch attempt runs 2 seconds and fails. Log says "[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/GroupBorder.png’ error.
[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogSlateD3D: Could not find file for Slate resource: …/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/GroupBorder.png
[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/GroupBorder.png’ error.
[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogSlateD3D: Could not find file for Slate resource: …/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/GroupBorder.png
[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogStreaming:Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/icon_tab_Breakpoints_16x.png’ error.
[2016.12.02-14.41.58:089][ 0]LogSlateD3D: Could not find file for Slate resource: …/…/…/Engine/Plugins/Messaging/MessagingDebugger/Content/icon_tab_Breakpoints_16x.png
etc…etc…
it just keeps going about a page long.
So I read online for a fix, and the suggestions were to install w7 service pack 1 (I’m about to reboot and see if that worked), or to change the location of the temp or TMP file in the settings on the engine. Well, there is no temp or TMP file, but the engine lets me change the location of some other file, which I did, even tried making a new file name, and nothing, sol.
So, I’m going to restart now and revisit this forum. Hopes are low.

Hey MIKEFROMSPACE,

I’m sorry that you are having an issue with the Epic Games Launcher. In order for us to offer the best support, we have recently modified the process for how Epic Games can help troubleshoot your Launcher issue. Please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ for technical support, here you can find information and solutions for common issues, as well as a contact form if you still need additional assistance. To access the contact form, please use the “Email Us” button under the “Contact Us” section. Thanks!

Have a great day

Okay, someone is trying very hard to brush this one under the carpet because the “Email US” form no longer works. I’ve reset my router in attempts to make it work, but it’s broken.
Unfortunately, that answer does nothing for me. I’ve already done those things, and it did nothing to change anything.

Okay, someone is trying very hard to brush this one under the carpet because the “Email US” form no longer works. I’ve reset my router in attempts to make it work, but it’s broken.
Unfortunately, that answer does nothing for me. I’ve already done those things, and it did nothing to change anything.

I’m not sure why the Email Us form isn’t working for you, as I’ve successfully used it just now as a test.

If you’re getting a launch failure, and are unable to use the contact form, please provide your full output log from your Engine directory’s Saved->Logs folder and I’ll take a look.