Sequencer: Missing options

I don’t really know if this is a bug but, where are these options in sequencer

94333-sequencer_options.png

.2…

Hi ,

We are making most of the controls found in Matinee’s details panel into BP nodes. There is a “Set Cinematic Mode” node in blueprints. The main case where auto-play is useful (rendering) have the options in the render movie panel.

94606-setcinematicmodenode.png

I guess, in my view, it makes sense to have both. If there is an autoplay on the sequencer actor, effectively avoiding having to play it on level start in the level blueprint, why make the user go into the blueprint to change things that they could just change on the matinee actor before? I think it would be very useful to find all of these options on the actor.

Auto-play is really only recommended if you’re going to be rendering a single scene with no gameplay…and in that case the render options have their own cinematic mode settings. I recommend for gameplay purposes that you completely avoid “Auto-play”.

Hi

I cannot show player again after hiding it using set cinematic mode

Sorry. I found it.

I used to tick the second cinematic mode too but, I should not

I agree with you. Unfortunately, I am using it to render a scene with no gameplay, and on a great number of shots. So I like to be able to preview how the render is going to look by playing it in editor. I would just very much prefer it to be an option on the level sequence actor. Is that a possibility for coming updates?

Hi Aaron,

Can you tell me the process you’re using to render your scene? I may be able to provide you with an alternative that may better suit your needs.

We have a few ways of rendering scenes and you can also batch render sequences. I’m currently writing up a guide for batch rendering (which includes setting Cinematic mode settings).

Hi,

I missed this reply. Rendering isn’t actually the issue (thought I am still interested), but if i want to see my shot before rendering, I have to move the player out of the way all the time. And the BP node for cinematice mode doesn’t seem to work properly in my PIE experience. Are there any new developments on this?

Hi Aaron,

You can achieve this behavior with a Play Node and the Cinematic Mode node. See 's screenshot below, but use a BeginPlay node.

I have created a bug report requesting parity with the details panel for Matinee. It covers more than just the Cinematic Mode settings though.

See UE-39388