Download

Sequencer lag with ImgMedia textures

I’m getting some odd freezing in Sequencer, while using ImgMedia textures. I have 3 in my scene, and they’re set to loop. They’re 2048x1024 PNG files. One of them is 120 frames (which plays with zero lag if that’s the only one I have), and 2 others that are both 9 frames each. If I don’t stretch the Sequencer media tracks for the two 9-frame ImgMedia players, it will play just fine, no probs.
But once I stretch them to take up the full 1000-frames, sequencer will randomly hang for 4-5 seconds while playing, then jump way forward. I can scrub the Sequencer timeline in the editor, and there’s zero lag or pauses, and I can export the movie from Sequencer, with zero lag or pauses. But this freezing makes it darn near impossible to actually get work done in-editor.

I don’t see any errors in Output Log, but I do see what I assume are ImgMedia frame load warnings? I have no idea what these mean, but there are a lot of them when I play or scrub the timeline.
When I was using Mp4 video for the media players, I didn’t have this issue. I switched to image-based sequences, since Mp4’s were not properly syncing to the frame output of sequencer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have the exact same issue and had to switch to image-based sequences for the same reason. I had no issue playing 4 videos in a scene before, and now as soon as I go over 2 image-based sequences exporting a simple video from a level sequence takes forever. Any idea why there is a sudden performance drop?

Hi,

Same here! I working on streaming live from with in the engine and render out on the movie render queue so I really want to find a workaround. Have tried a lot of different things without it working…