Sequencer ignore Time dilation

Hi !

I am currently working on a VR experience for a museum in which the player is on a rail but can launch additionnal sequences to learn more about the history of some buildings.

I decided to use Level sequences to allow my colleagues as much freedom as possible. So I have a main sequence that directs dialogues and the rail. For additionnal sequences I want to gradually ‘stop’ (0.0001 Time dilation) time for everything but the additionnal sequence, using a custom time dilation manager. That manager works I can add actors to ignore (compensate) the global time dilation. But when I try adding the Level Sequence Actor that is returned by Create Level Sequence to that manager and have the sequence run at normal speed it doesn’t change anything.

I thought setting the Clock source to something other than Tick would solve it but it doesn’t change anything.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way ? Is there a way to make a sequence ignore Time dilation that I don’t know about ?

Thanks

I ran into the same issue. I wasn’t able to find anything to ignore the global time dilation, but I did find a work around that solved the issue for me. If you have a handle to your ULevelSequencePlayer in some ticking object, then you can adjust the PlayRate using SetPlayRate in Tick to compensate for the current global time dilation

SequencePlayer->SetPlayRate(1.0f /  UGameplayStatics::GetGlobalTimeDilation(this));