Sequencer - How to link animated properties

Hey everyone,

Let’s assume I’ve got a rather complex animation for “Actor 1” in the Z transform. Now I want to use this animation for “Actor 2”. Of course I could copy all the keyframes from “Actor 1” and then paste them into the Z transform of “Actor 2”, but that’s tedious. What if I make changes to the animation of “Actor 1”? I now have to delete the keyframes for “Actor 2”, re-copy and paste - the whole process gets very old very quickly.

Is there a way in Sequencer to have an actor’s animated property “look” at the property of another actor?

What about using the Z transfrom of “Actor 1” to drive the X rotation of “Actor 2”? Or what if I want to use the “inverse” Z transform of “Actor 1” for “Actor 2”?

These are really basic property linking examples, but I can’t seem to be able to do that in Unreal. I’ve been dabbling in Blueprints and triggering “Events” inside Sequencer, but that gets very difficult very quickly for something that simple.

Any idea how I could achieve this just within Sequencer? Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

@Ferdinand13
I think you can use multiple animations on different skeletons. It is one of the properties of mesh animations. I’m not sure about doing it all inside the sequencer, but I know it is possible.

I hope this can help!
-Zen

1 Like

5.1 should have some new constraint stuff for sequencer built out you can try.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I’ll have a look at this. I came across this earlier, but I thought this was just for character rigs and not more basic animations (like cubes spinning around or lights getting darker/brighter).

1 Like

Thanks YuuJin. Just saw now that the new 5.1 preview has become available. :crossed_fingers: that this new constraint stuff will be helping with that.

1 Like