Sequencer event keys are sometimes dropped in packaged game.

I’m using event tracks in a few sequences to call events and pass some data to a custom event on the level blueprint. Everything works as expected in the editor, but when the game is packaged(win64), the events are not reliably called. I’m playing the game in a Vive and getting a solid 90 fps. As a work around, I placed 5 keys in a row and inserted a DoOnce node after my custom event. This works, but it’s not ideal. Is this a bug, user error, or are event keys generally unreliable?

specs:
Windows10
i7-7700K
32GB ram
GTX1080
HTC Vive

Hey ,

I’m investigating a similar sounding issue with a licensee, but I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting this to occur on my end.

Any chance you can try using a non-VR game mode and seeing if the errors still occur? I’m trying to see if this is directly related to VR and perhaps some issues with high/variable frame rates.

If you get a chance, could you possibly reproduce this in a clean example project and send it to me?

Hi ,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

Hey ,

We are having similar issues, but with an Oculus Rift. It seems events will be dropped during the cook process.

Additionally, only in cooked builds will it fire events twice. I’ve peaked into the Sequencer Scrub function and verified that it is only being added once, but still firing twice.

If you have reached a conclusion elsewhere, could you point me in that direction?

Hey Todd,

The licensee for this issue dropped off the map too. Any chance you can help me continue investigation on this? I’m looking for a project (can be a blank example project) that reproduces this as we haven’t had any success reproducing on our end.

Unfortunately, we’ve ripped out all of that logic and now we avoid using sequencer for anything gameplay related. If you can’t reproduce it, I don’t think that I’ll have a different outcome in a new project, and I doubt that my employer would give me permission to share an old archive of our project. Sorry, I can’t be much help. Good Luck.