Sequencer Effects look too fast when rendered out

Hello everyone! So I’m having a problem. When I render out my sequencer video all my effects look like they are being played in fast forward just the effects not the actual animation.

The effects are water, a camp fire and the sky clouds. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Follow this tutorial and it will fix the issue. At least it fixed it for me!

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. It (particles/foliage) was working normally then all of a sudden, everything renders way too quickly.

Hey mate, did you ever find a fix for this? Experiencing this exact issue at the moment…

Hi there guys any solutions to this? I followed the posted documentation but still having the same issue. What was specifically from the doc that fixed it?

Same here. I really wonder why this topic is marked “resolved”. How was this fixed? The linked document is about dozens of things that deal with problems starting with Adam & Eve. It does not explain how to fix too fast and out-of-sync particles, skies, water and fire effects etc.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this mystery?

Ok, after investing a bit more time into this issue, I found out that it is caused by “too many” temporal samples in your AA settings.

In my case, temporal samples were set to 64 and it sped up some animation systems significantly. After I set them back to lower numbers, the playback speed of the affected particle systems returned to normal.

P.S.: This is not at all mentioned in the above linked documentation.

This didn’t solve the problem for. If I lower the samples, the speed gets lower, but it’s still more than it should be.