Sequencer Audio repeats/stops when pitch is modified.

Hi all,

I’m having a problem understanding how to adjust Audio Pitch in Sequencer without it looping or cutting off prematurely. It used to work correctly as expected in 4.24.

But 4.25 and 4.26 have been changed and don’t work like they used to.

Here is my audio track (called BassLightChange) in Sequencer:

When I adjust the pitch to 0.5, the audio track would play as normal THEN stop abruptly. This is probably because the sound is now longer. To compensate, I would then extend further (double size) the track so that it can play out fully. In previous version of Unreal, it would play the sound just fine when you did this. No fuss no muss. =)

But now, I noticed there is a dark line splitting the track right down the middle. Here is where things get messed up. If you play the audio track, it’ll loop/start over the sound right where the dark line is instead of playing out the full track with the new pitch set.

In the track properties, there is a toggle for 'looping" which I then decided to turn off to see if that fixes it.

But that doesn’t work either. The sound will now just stop mid-play and abruptly crackle.

332795-capture1.png

Does anyone have any idea how I can use this feature in sequencer anymore or is it just not supported in 4.25 and 4.26. Am I missing something in the menus that allows me to override this new behavior?

1 Like

Would also like to know how to control this behaviour. Having the same issue in 5.3, though I could swear it was working the other way the other day as well.

I figured it out. You need to do a couple things to get this to work:

• Disable looping.
  • Make sure to select Keep State as the “When Finished” option.
  • Do not stretch the audio item in the track. Keep it at it’s “native” length.

If you do all these, the osund should play fully out independent of the pitch. This means it can stop playing sooner (higher pitch) or later (lower pitch) than what the sequencer will indicate.