Steps to reproduce
- Create a Level Sequence and add a skeletal mesh to it
- Add an animation track and some animation (a long one is better to see the problem)
- Trim the animation before it’s actual end time (I wanted to use the ending just for another shot)
- Animation being paused at trimming time (as it is in editor)
- Animation keeps playing until the end in PIE and when exporting movie.
- UE 4.14 preview 2, launcher version
- My animation was authored in 3Ds Max 2017 by moving some meshes, all children of a single, non-animated root. It’s not skinned to a .
- The Anim track is cut several times in between (leaving empty spaces) to pause at specific parts of the animation for some time.
- Mesh is part of the level, not spawnable.
Tried (none worked)
- Created event track and called a function to stop the animation. Confirmed function was getting called, though animation kept playing 'til its end.
- Removed animation asset (clear option) from SkeletalMesh in Level.
- Leave the animation uncut inside a subsequence and cut the subsequence itself. The results were even worse (another bug): in editor it plays as expected, but in PIE and movie export neither the anim stopped playing nor the pauses in between were respected. The animation kept playing when it should pause and went back to continue from where it should have paused when the track started again on the timeline, giving it a stutter feeling. At least the pauses in between were respected when I cut the Anim track directly.
Authored 2 animations, separating the ending from the first animation. Left the in between cuts (for pauses) directly in the Anim track, as they are respected there.