Sequencer - Animation blending - Match animation to previous/following animation clip

Hello Everyone,
Is there a way to align two animation clips in the Sequencer timeline so that the final frame of animation 1 and the first frame of animation 2 are matching and the blending between the two is seamless?

I come from Unity’s timeline (years behind Unreal’s Sequencer), and i can simply right click on the animation i am blending to and select “align offset to previous/next clip”.

Same happens in Motion Builder just by clicking on the “match” icon, but i could not figure a way to do so in Unreal’s Sequencer.

Thanks for your help!

It’s late but still relevant,. In sequencer you put sequential animation clips on the same track and then you pull one into the other slightly so they overlap and you’ll see a little x cross transform thing appear you can right click any animation clip on the timeline and there will be options for:

align with previous and align with next sequential clip, then you can select the bone to align usually do root.

To get the animation for the arms or something to smoothly transition I think you might be missing that part in the beginning where you overlap the clips your instinct might be to put a track and then a separate track with them overlapping in time on top of each other but they really do need to be on the same track and then engages a little system you’ll see sideways hourglass.

If you turn in Skeleton for the character it’s easier to check alignment. It’s a right click in the options.

Funnily enough I discovered that but hid it again after a while, because I only did it on the Incoming animation! LOL I’m now realizing I can do it on the other animation probably and see two of them in order to align in time. A lot like Character Studios ‘Motion Blending’ and layering of motion capture files in 3ds Max.

Wnile I have your ear, Even though all animations are shared and all use a common skeleton, in order to get everything to move in the Level Sequence I’m having to add multiple animation tracks, to what are body part BP Skeltal Mesh componemts. . Like, the Vest and the Hat? need their own track and same anim file (name) or they get left behind

I think I just answered my own question in my head:
Whenever I select a bunch of animation files right click and choose ‘Duplicate Anim Assets and Retargst’ there is a checkbox to retarget to existing source and that is unchecked by default.

Hmmm, I’m not sure how to fix it now that I’ve already done it but I know for the next time to check that check box!

Perhaps I could now delete duplicate anims amd ‘replace reference’ in the ‘Are you Sure?’ window.

(does that all sound right?)

Thank you!

No expert but you can do things like hats by adding a socket to the skeleton and then attaching the hat to that socket in sequencer with proper offsets and rotation.