Sequence actors are red and unassigned when opened in duplicate level

If I create a sequence and reference several actors within my level, then I duplicate that level and attempt to use the sequence in the duplicate, all my references are red and require reassignment.

I know one solution is to make everything spawnable so as not to rely on references in the level, but spawnables are not always ideal. Is there another way to quickly re-assign actors that I’m unaware of? I have hundreds of assignments and manually clicking through them will take a while.

Thank you for any advice here.

Look under the gear icon and choose Advanced->Fix Actor References. That should fix it if the actor names match the ones in Sequencer.

6 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks for this info. Took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to in UE5. It’s a wrench icon in sequencer.

My actors keep coming unbound every time I close UE and re-open it for some reason. I can’t figure out why for the life of me.

4 Likes

Are you renaming the level/map? Using the same-named app as the original when you created it?

Yes. I used the same name, but appended some additional characters to the end of the level with an underscore. I’m not sure if that was the issue or not but, I went back through and recreated the shots and the problem has resolved itself.

Thanks for the info…!

That was the issue. Appending or alternating the level name in any way will break the link.

Ah…Thanks for the time and info! Greatly appreciated…!

Thank you so much!