The Third Floor is looking for a top level Senior Unreal Engineer to join our Pipeline department and help bring us to the next level of innovation and tech within our Film, TV and Immersive departments. A highly skilled and motivated programmer and designer to help compile custom builds and implement them using the Unreal Engine.
- Manage and maintain company’s custom build of Unreal Engine
- Design, implement and test custom UE tools for the company’s real time workflow
- Development of our custom AR & VR UE apps
- Provide experienced recommendations on development schedule
- Assist with R&D as it relates to real-time productions at TTF.
- Support multiple projects utilization of our custom UE tools.
- Assist with development & maintenance of technical design documentation.
- Potential oversee a team of developers working concurrently on engine work
- Investigate and create new tools and technologies to improve efficiency and power our next generation of content.
- Ensure tools and code are production ready, optimised and documented
- To identify technical and developmental risks / obstacles
- Optimize iteration times, and improving existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
- Welcome new challenges and working independently or across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions
- Minimum 5 years expert programming with the Unreal Engine, customizing and extending code base.
- Expert knowledge of C++ & C# programming.
- Experience with Autodesk Maya and it’s integration into Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge and ideally experience of developing AR applications, including Apple AR Kit
- Experience creating and maintaining an automated build process.
- Strong 3D math, optimization, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with other project management tools and techniques (Agile / Scrum, Jira / Trello, Hansoft & Shotgun etc.).
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A desire to learn new innovative technologies to improve personal development and skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or other related fields.
- Experience developing across multiple VR / AR systems preferable such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, Gear VR and Google Daydream, etc.
- Agility – Flexible, capable of jumping in and running with multiple task simultaneously.
- Self-managed, self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Must be willing to listen and learn, can research complex problems and bring solutions.
- Be courageous, persevere, experiment, try and re-try.
- Strong understanding of industry trends, techniques, and stays up-to-date.
- Enthusiastic and willing to make their mark.
U.S. Applicants only: TTF participates in E-Verify and we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All documents provided for proof of work authorization must be current and unexpired. We cannot accept expired proof of identity.
IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, TTF is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS and/or the SSA before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY](https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oAYI8fw8&s=Unreal_jobboard)