RYOT is an immersive media company that specializes in making exceptional, premium video content I both traditional and emerging formats. As one of the most prolific virtual reality and content studios in the world, RYOT was acquired by Huffington Post in 2016, and is now part of the Verizon Media family (OATH:), whose digital reach is over one billion monthly global consumers.
RYOT Lab is the immersive content division of Verizon and Oath. We are responsible for creating next generation experiences to enhance our family of brands.
**Job description: **
We are looking for a Senior Unreal Developer to join our team and help create one of a kind experiences using ARKit, ARCore, Vuforia and proprietary computer vision algorithms. You will have the opportunity to create experiences that will reach millions of users on our family of brands (huffpost, techcrunch, aol, yahoo, etc) and to create project partnerships with brands such as Google, Apple, Samsung, Unity, etc. This position would start as a contractor.
- 4+ years work in Unreal (UE4 experience is required).
- 1+ years experience developing AR experiences in Unreal (Vuforia, ARKit, ARCore)
- Understanding of trade-offs in engine performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Direct work experience in game development with at least one delivered project.
- Excellent knowledge and experience designing, developing, and implementing complex software applications and gameplay elements.
- Developing for cross platform distribution (PC/Mobile/VR) with an emphasis on mobile performance
- Must be a team player capable of working as part of both small or large teams on complex and deadline driven projects.
- Ability to perform continuous integration, configuration management, version control, and testing.
- Health Care available
- Incredible technical freedom to define the next generation of VR, AR and VFX experiences
- Work closely with the world’s biggest brands on innovative projects (Google, Apple, AOL, Huffington Post, Facebook, Oculus, etc…)
- With the combined audience of AOL Brands (Huffington Post, Techcrunch, Engadget, etc), the work you create has the potential to reach over 100M people a month.
Please email a resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org