IMPORTANT: We are looking for candidates who are able to relocate to Vancouver, Canada. We may make an exception for a high quality developer who is unable to relocate
Squad is a 50 vs 50 multiplayer first-person shooter that aims to capture combat realism through communication and teamplay.
- Wide scale multiplayer (Currently servers holding 80 players, with a release target of 100)
- Base-building & construction system
- Vehicle warfare and Emplaced weapons
- Large scale multiplayer maps with a base of 4km x 4km
- High quality custom VoIP implementation supporting positional voice as well as Squad / Command radio channels
View the game on Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad/
Offworld Industries Ltd.
We have a fairly standard team structure with an Executive Producer who manages the project, and department leads for all major areas; including Programming, Mapping, 3D Art, Environment Art, Animations, Sounds, and VFX.
We publish regular dev blogs for anyone curious to take a look inside our development process:
Art team gathering source material from a tank museum - Out & About : Squad – Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer.
January 2017 devblog: Recap – January 2017 : Squad – Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer.
November 2016 devblog: Recap – November 2016 : Squad – Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer.
September 2016 devblog: Recap – September 2016 : Squad – Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer.
About the Job:
We’re looking for talented software engineers with a teamwork oriented mindset. We would prefer candidates with a game development background, but are always open to training experienced software engineers in game development on the job. Primarily as a Senior Programmer, your job will be to serve as a mentor, role model, and primary contributor on our programming team.
As a mentor, you should be able to recognize teaching opportunities for other programmers when they arise, and be willing to guide team members to successful outcomes, both inside and outside programming.
As a role model, you should hold yourself to a high standard and be comfortable setting a good example for the other members of the team.
As a primary contributor, you should be a proactive member in both the design and development processes, who is able to drive the delivery of major systems, difficult features, and serious bugfixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent training.
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer.
- Intermediate understanding of C++ software development.
- Previous experience working in game development as a programmer is strongly preferred.
- Some experience working with Unreal Engine is ideal.
- Being one of the primary contributors to the programming work of the company.
- Learning a new system, concept, or unfamiliar area of code, when it’s needed to solve a problem.
- Helping programmers when they are stuck on the tasks they have been assigned.
- Designing and Prototyping of new core systems.
- Analyzing and improving game performance.
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX].
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs.
About the company:
Offworld Industries is a video game studio owned and run by a team of active developers. We were established in 2014 and have a permanent office in Burnaby, BC. Our company culture is built around making sure everyone shares in the success of the company. We offer periodic long vacations and project based bonuses as well as a completely open work schedule based on hitting our goals. We also have more than 50% of our team working remotely in 10 different countries.
- Relocation expenses covered up to $5000 CAD.
- Bonuses ranging from 1 to 3 months of salary will occasionally be provided at 6 month intervals, at the discretion of management.
- Two paid company breaks occur twice a year during the winter and summer, as well as a paid annual week long company trip.
40 hours per week. Salaried full time, for a permanent position in our office located in Burnaby, BC.