CARLA (http://carla.org) is an internationally recognized project that brings the state of the art in autonomous driving simulation to the world. CARLA started in 2016 as an open-source project sponsored by Intel and developed at the Computer Vision Center (Barcelona, Spain). Since then, CARLA has become the top-one open source simulator for autonomous driving, used and supported by international organizations such as Toyota Research Institute, Udacity, Lyft, Valeo, MIT, Stanford, University of Michigan and Berkeley among many others. Our simulator is built upon Unreal Engine 4 and through this project we aim to democratize and standardize the development and verification of AI agents in the field of autonomous vehicles. We look to provide society with the right tool to boost progress in this critical field, bringing this technology to the masses. That is why CARLA is and it will always be developed and released under the open-source paradigm (all our code and assets). Since the project has attracted a high attention from both academia and industry, we are facing a 2nd phase focusing on improving current functionalities and adding completely new ones.
Your role as a new Sr engineer will be working on the design and development of new CARLA features. You must have strong software engineering skills, experience in the Git workflow, code reviews and familiar with Unreal Engine 4. You will be working in Barcelona (Spain) within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, artists, machine learning scientists, computer vision researchers and autonomous driving folks from all over the world.
** Mandatory skill requirements
● Strong software engineering experience, C++ programming experience, especially in Linux environments; being able to provide clear and legible code.
● Experience in open-source tools, especially github; with good online communication and team-collaboration skills.
● Good knowledge of algebra and geometry (3D transformations, etc.)
● Experience in Unreal Engine 4 (programming)
● English fluency
** Highly Valuable Skills
● Experience in Python programming.
● Experience in programming Computer Graphics algorithms.
** Summary of Benefits and Conditions
● Annual wages (Salary range): 30.000 – 35.000 euros, depending on experience
● Duration of the job: minimum 1 year.
● Location: Computer Vision Center (CVC) at the Autonomous Univ. of Barcelona.
● Starting date: as soon as possible, from December 2018
** Contact information
Please send your resume and a link to a reference project (e.g. github repository) to [EMAIL=“firstname.lastname@example.org”]email@example.com , using “CARLA engineer” as the subject.