Sending Notifications to Friends

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to make a simple test app in which I can send a single notification to a select group of friends. Basically;

I create a list of the friends I want to send a notification to

I press a button

All of those friends receive a notification (a homogeneous one, not a custom one)

It seems relatively simple in theory, but I’m having huge trouble getting it implemented. I’m new to Google Play, but I’ve managed to upload a game, then download and test it successfully, at least. I’m still very, very new to it, though. I’ve looked into different APIs, and while I’m starting to get a grasp on them, they’re still confusing me quite a bit. I’m fairly comfortable with UE4, and while I’d refer a Blueprint solution to a problem than a C++ one, I’d be very happy with either.

I’ve been bashing my head against this problem for a couple of days now with no luck. Hopefully, somebody can push me in the right direction, because at the moment I have no idea where to even start with getting this implemented. I’d be happy for the friends list to be custom-generated by the user in-game or brought across from social media, such as Facebook.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers.