Send/Share variable from blueprint class with animation blueprint

Hi guys,

I’ve been trying to get this to work for some time but no luck :S. I currently have an actor that has a blueprint with a string variable and I want to access this from an animation blueprint that is in another character. But I don’t know how to reach this variable from the animation blueprint. I’ve tried to follow the tutorial in here ->https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/BlueprintComms/index.html, but when it’s time to select the target animation blueprint in the details panel I don’t see any animation blueprint. I’ve also tried to follow this -> AnimGraph, Can enter transition with Action/Axis Input? - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums but I can’t reach the public string I’ve declared in the other blueprint. I think it’s because they are not part of the same character in the game… not sure… Is there any way to avoid needing to have everything in the same character?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

U can simply give the actor that contain the string value a tag in actor tag. Then u can cast to it, to call the object, u can get all actor with tag, then for eachloop, then drag the blue line in foreachloop to the object pin in cast to node. Then u can get whatever u want in blue node As “your actor name”.

I just managed to get it to work via an intermediate blueprint class that has the animation blueprint inside and then doing the direct communication approach… What you suggested is so much easier and direct Dx… I had no idea that a thing called tag existed… Dx
Thank you so much!