selling on the marketplace

is selling lets say an entire envioment like a whole forest but the trees and materials were taken from quixel or the marketplace , is this also against the rules ??

Hey @fathiahmad121! Welcome to the Forums!

Assets taken from third party sources that are not Creative Commons Zero (CC-0) like Quixel are not allowed. Additionally, you can not use assets from other marketplace products unless you are the original creator of the assets and put them up in the Marketplace to begin with.

You can find a more in the Marketplace Guidelines:

I hope the above is the answer you were looking for!

1 Like

it helps thank u , so if i want to make a forest and sell it i’ll have to make everything from trees to materials to rocks etc… ?

Hey @fathiahmad121,

While it is possible to use some CC-0 assets like CC-0 materials for Demo purposes, best practice would be to make as much as you can from scratch.

1 Like

Hey @fathiahmad121,

Checking in. Was the above the answer you were looking for?

yea kind of but , but if i had to make a 3d model in blender how am i supposed to texture it ? where can i get textures and materials to wrap it up , if its not possible , how can i create materials nd textures from scratch ?

Hey @fathiahmad121,

An example of CC-0 (creative commons zero) assets you can find are those from ambientcg.com where all of the assets fall under that license. You will still need to cite and link what you used for your project for the UE Marketplace.

As for creating your own, there are many options. It just depends on what software you want to learn and use. From Substance all the way down to free options like Krita.

I hope this helps clear up what some of your options are.

Hey @fathiahmad121,

Checking in was the above the solution you needed?