Selling maps/levels with purchased content

Hey guys, just wondering if Im able to construct and sell maps/levels with content I have purchased? More to the point Im average with blueprinting/coding and want to find a way to provide back to the gaming community…any tips would be great!

Thanks, Rob.

You need to check the Terms of Use and/or End User License Agreements for each product you purchased which you want to resell. If one is not available from them I would contact them directly. In either case, in order to cover your own rear end you need something in writing authorizing you to do so. However, my gut tells me that it’s unlikely that people who sell you their products will allow you to repackage it just to resell it under your own name; that would be conflicting interest.

My suggestion would be to download Blender (free) and learn some 3D modeling so you can make your own unique designs/product and sell those which will require zero knowledge of Blueprints. If you want to make maps, then jump into UE4 and start using the landscape and terrain editors and come up with something you think could easily be applied to multiple game types. Giving back to the community would be giving something back unique, from you, not something they can go elsewhere to purchase from the actual designer(s).

I would like to reopen this thread as I am interested as well. I would like to sell content on the Marketplace that consists of things I made myself, but also includes parts of other packages sold.

Would it not be nice if there is an established system for reselling parts of other packages? I would gladly share some percent of my profit with the developers of the assets I used.

An example: I create a tropical island level with forests, caves and animals. I develop the landscape, the level design, maybe some of the assets, but I use trees and grass from a package that I bought on the marketplace. I am great in developing environments but I have no skill creating trees.

When submitting my package I indicate my target price and also my proposed percentage that will go to the developer of the trees I used. On the market page I mention what packages I’ve used, so people can get the full foliage package if they want. We negotiate a deal which everyone benefits from

• I get to sell a complex package which I would not have been able to develop alone
  • The foliage developer gets a percentage of my sales and a reference
  • My customers can use a great product that does not sacrifice on foliage quality

The part that Epic can help with is automatically sharing part of my profit with the other developer, the same way Epic takes a percentage automatically.

I think this can speed up the development of more complex an higher quality content in the Marketplace.