Selected objects not showing up in Details panel

When i select a component from viewport, it doesn’t show up on details panel,
also when I right click component and click details, details panel opens with nothing in it
So I faced this error while i was trying to change a mesh from static to movable which is done using details panel.

Hi,

Would you be able to provide steps to reproduce this issue from a New Project so that we can verify it on our end as well.

Thanks,

-W

Okay,
So I created a new project just now, when I click component on viewport, it doesn’t show up in details panel, but when I right click and select Details option, it shows up,
also about previous project, not one I created just now, I still can’t see details panel in any way even after 4.1 update

Hi,

Thanks for update. I am currently not able to reproduce issue you’ve come across and doing a bit more checking. Under Window/Details section from File Menu, is one of Details windows enabled?

4827-details.png

Also what component are you selecting that isn’t showing up. If possible, a video to illustrate issue might help us see what’s happening or step-by-step procedures from a New Project.

Thanks,

-W

I can upload a video tomorrow and give link but for now : any asset, component, audio,blueprint I choose, nothing shows up, I tried to open all 4 details panels but still nothing in all 4.

For example by default there is an architecture folder which contains floors, walls and stuff, nothing in this folder shows up in details panel.

Well I can reinstall unreal engine but i dont want to lose my project, i made punching animations pickups character movement blueprints and stuff there anyone knows solution please post thanks

I’m having an issue with not being able to see anything in my details menu either…Currently in my Blueprints and my Skeletal Mesh…

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes.

If you are still experiencing issue you reported in current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, please submit a new report for it.

Thank you.

It happens to me. 4.10.1 version.

I made a bug report there

Hi Tazmanou,

I’ve assigned a member of our support staff to look into your other post, and we’ll address issue there. Thanks!

I’m not having issue anymore, in fact its been a long of time since this question, we’ve come close to finishing project, www.playwizardonline.com

That why i created back issue ahhaahha

I have this bug in 4.14.3 version. It happens when I compile code in C++

Hey Maslobojik,

Due to age of this thread, if you’re experiencing what you believe to be a bug please create a new thread in Bug Reports section so that we can investigate it as a separate issue.

Thanks

I know that Im many years late but I am having this issue with unreal 4.27. DId anyone ever figure out cause?

I am having currently the same issue in unreal engine 5.3 last night i closed the project and today morning when i opened it when i am going to play it crashed the engine further when i opened my character blueprint there was nothing shown in details panel when i click on character movement component and also nothing on mesh and arrow component after that when i replaced with the autosved files it worked. Please unreal fix it i got this type of bug many times in my project

This is a bug that’s been around for a loooooong time. Go to your character BP class settings, change parent class to Pawn (it will give a warning and after accepting the warning you’ll likely get “bad” in the viewport) - no need to compile, just swap straight back to parent class of character and compile. That should fix it.

I Did the same and it worked fine but many things will be broke in your blueprint do it with caution. :wink:

Hi, thanks that you are providing info to solve it. But what does BP mean?? Where it is possible to find that? Could you please provide a more detailed step by step of how to solve it? Really appreciate.