'Select two or more material instances to perform this operation.'

Oh God, that’s was i was searching for…but…how to switch to games if i was working on a architecture preset?

EDIT: the same happens with video/movie preset too.
games preset just add blueprint or c++ class anche target game mode (default desktop).
SO…how to add the to architecture(or movie) preset?

Thanks a lot!

you can easly make the soulution in the link below
Blend material Fixed in Unreal Engine 5.2 #unrealengine5 #megascans - YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you guys, so much. Yeah this works: create blend material by only one material, than double click it and edit its middle & top layer.

Hi guys!
After some research, I think I’ve found a workaround.

First of all, Quixel Blend Material doesn’t work by default with Virtual Textures ( VT). That’s why projects created in Animation/Movie or Architectural have the problem of creating and editing material. But not Game setting project.

The creation method of selecting just one MI is a good starting point.

To make the material compatible with VT , without having to change the project type, you need to change a few things directly into the Blend Material (it’s not complicated, but it’s a bit time-consuming):

1- Open the Blend material, then double-click on the parent material
2- Then enter into MF_BaseLayerTextures, MF_MiddleLayerTextures, MF_TopLayerTextures and MF_ScatterLayerTextures, to edit them.
3- Each “MF_” has the same node structure. This operation must be repeated for each:
In the “Textures” block, there are nodes relating to textures.
Into “Param Tex Object” node (connected to “Texture Sample” node) , change the default texture to its “VT” version (scroll to the list).
Then, change the “Sampler Type” of the “Texture Sample” nodes to “Virtual ####
(ex: Color → Virtual Color, Linear Color → Virtual Linear Color, etc.).

And that’s it!

I hope it works for you

3 Likes

modforge

This is Excatly works for me
I logged in dev community to say thanks for this comment

you save my time, and much more people’s

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Glad it helped :grinning:

1 Like