VR Lighting Artist
THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. is the world’s pre-eminent, Emmy Award winning visualization company. We have taken our knowledge and experience as innovative visual storytellers to the burgeoning world of Virtual Reality. With the acclaim from several publications on the release of our latest project, The Martian Experience, we are striving to continue our success and searching for high caliber talent to be a part of this immersive new medium.
The Third Floor Los Angeles is looking for a seasoned lighting artist who will push the boundaries of entertainment creating virtual reality experiences in a collaborative and creative work environment. Illuminate amazing virtual worlds in Unreal 4 for a variety of projects and platforms!
• Create high quality lighting based on art vision and direction from the Supervisor.
• Ensure that lighting design and implementation meets run-time and performance budgeting requirements.
• Develop lighting design focused on, and around, narrative points.
• Work collaboratively with other department personnel especially Environment, Character, and VFX artists.
• Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
• Produce & maintain documentation for lighting as it relates to TTF pipeline.
• Collaborate with production to develop task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
• Understanding of lighting fundamentals.
• Knowledge of color theory.
• Strong sense of light and shadow.
• Extensive experience with Maya.
• Unreal 3 or 4: experience with basic, precomputed & dynamic lighting.
• Knowledge of Global Illumination.
• Photoshop experience.
• Proven experience of working to industry standards.
• Ability to follow design reference.
• Ability to work with wide range of styles.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Experience generating light-maps, pre-lighting or baked lighting.
• Unity experience.
• Passion for game development.
• Basic understanding of Blueprint.
• Previous experience working in VR or AR.
To apply, please submit resume, reel and reel breakdown to [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org.