THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. is the world’s pre-eminent, Emmy Award winning visualization company. We have taken our knowledge and experience as innovative visual storytellers to the burgeoning world of Virtual Reality. With the acclaim from several publications on the release of our latest project, The Martian Experience, we are striving to continue our success and searching for high caliber talent to be a part of this immersive new medium.
The Third Floor Los Angeles is looking for an FX Artist who will push the boundaries of entertainment creating virtual and augmented reality experiences in a collaborative and creative work environment. You will develop visual effects (fluids, fire, smoke, explosions, etc.) in Unreal 4 for a variety of projects and platforms.
• To work in collaboration with the Character, Environment and Lighting Artists to create effects that are relevant, and grounded in the environment.
• To create efficient, artistic, geometry and particle based VFX in the Unreal Engine that follow art direction and meet technical requirements.
• Work with Level Designers and Technical Artists to make VFX that are functional and efficient.
• Generate VFX documentation for the TTF real-time pipeline.
• Coordinate with Art, Design and Animation to ensure VFX vision and quality expectations are met.
• Troubleshoot VFX-related bug fixes and optimizations.
• Assist with R&D as it relates to creation of VFX for real-time productions at TTF.
• Stay current with industry real-time VFX techniques.
• Experience with creating VFX for Unreal 3 or 4
• Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style.
• Strong understanding of particle systems, lighting, texture/UV animation, sprite animation, dynamics and simulations, & material setup.
• Experience creating and using real-time shaders.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a VFX artist for video games.
• Experience working with Blueprint.
Skills & Experience
• A good balance between artistic and technical skills is a must.
• Excellent knowledge of Python, particularly Python for Maya.
• Excellent knowledge of the Unreal Engine.
• Experience with Houdini, Maya, and FumeFX (or similar fluid simulation system).
• Substantial games industry experience, including a VFX art credit on at least one published title.
• Experience with creating high quality VFX in Unreal, Houdini, and Maya.
• Experience with fluid simulation in FumeFX (or similar).
• Experience with the Unreal Engine.
• Traditional art or animation background a plus.
To apply, please submit resume, reel and reel breakdown to [EMAIL=“email@example.com”]firstname.lastname@example.org.