Download

Seeking developers for a first-person horror title (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)

https://www.coldpizza-studios.com/

Synopsis: “A middle-aged Historian and his wife move to an isolated Summer Home to recover from a past grief, but when his wife goes missing, the Historian finds himself fighting for his life and his sanity as he is assailed by a mysterious figure in the woods”

The Project: First person narrative driven walking simulator built in UE4. The gameplay is simple (in the vein of Layers of Fear or P.T., mechanically speaking). The player travels through the game, getting to know the game’s interesting story and world while something might lurk behind the corner.

We work towards making the game have quality rather than quantity. This means that the game is fairly short considering the standards of a modern game but which also gives us more time focusing on making an immersive world with attachable characters.The aim is to have a “movie like” experience, that grabs the player and leaves a him/her thinking and discussing the meaning and theories of what really happened.

**Our team is looking to fill the following positions for the pre-production and/or production phases: **
Level Designer/3D Environment Artist, Concept Artist and Character Animator (specifics for each position below).

Our projected timeline is as follows:

• Pre-production through the end of Q4 2017
  • Demo release Q4 2018
  • Full Steam release Q3 2019

The game is relatively small in scope – large enough to be significant in a portfolio, small enough to be viable with a team working part time at a steady, structured pace. To be clear, no one on the team is being paid either salary or lump sum, though any revenue generated will be shared. That said, the projected has been specifically designed to be carried out with a small number of hours invested each week over a long period of time, as we cannot expect anyone to spend considerable time on a project that doesn’t involve pre-defined pay. Correspondingly, this is largely designed as a portfolio piece for those who are serious about the industry but don’t yet have the work experience for more highly compensating and competitive positions. As implied above, these positions will last (approximately) either through the end of 2017 or 2018, depending on the position.

The project will operate on a week-by-week, deadline basis. Within that week, your schedule is up to you. We understand that a non-salary, part time position will not be your first priority during the week. Essentially, we’re all flexible, but we’re also all committed.

Open Positions:

Character Animator

• A good understanding of character rigging for 3D games
  • The ability to produce realistic character movement and lipsync animation
  • Great understanding in key frames
  • Experience in first person animations
  • Active and self-motivated
  • Good communication skills
  • Good spoken and written English

Good to have from most important to least important

• Familiarity with Matinee or, at least, the willingness to learn how to use it
  • Character modeling experience
  • Ability to produce 3D assets and textures if needed
  • Horror being close to your heart

Level Designer/3D Environment Artist

• Good knowledge in designing realistic levels in UE4
  • Experienced in lighting and texturing in UE4
  • Good understanding in blueprints
  • Ability to produce 3D assets and textures
  • Good understanding of scope and scale
  • Inspired about first person games
  • Good visual eye
  • Active and self motivated

• Experience in World Machine or similar
  • Ability to concept ideas with Photoshop or similar, if needed
  • Horror being close to your heart

Environment Concept Artist

• Confidence in producing scenery work of many to all kinds
  • An openness to cooperation with other concept artists
  • Good interpretation skills from assigned tasks
  • Active and self-motivated

• The word scope rings a bell
  • Experience in traditional art or photography
  • 3D experience
  • Experience with speculative fiction, preferably horror

The ideal candidate (all positions):

• Is looking to build her/his portfolio
  • Has experience working on a team
  • Has experience delivering to deadlines
  • Is fluent in English (the product is in English, as is our communication)
  • Experience working with a creative director is preferred, but not required

Concept art can be viewed in here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5…XlCS1BDc2c3RHc

For more information, PM me or comment below.

If you’d like to apply, please email a brief introduction and a link to your website/portfolio to [EMAIL=“official.coldpizza@gmail.com”]official.coldpizza@gmail.com

Hi DannyRed, I like the simplicity of your website and read your blog post: It Begins. I totally concur that starting and managing an Online International Consortium of Game Developers is very challenging and demanding. I enjoyed the concept Art, especially Edwin’s Car Crash…thought provoking. You have an Army of Concept Artist, and I’ve been struggling to find one Creature Concept Artist for my action dundeon crawler … LOL Maybe its the genre. One day I would like develop a Co-op Horror Game.

Just curious about the AI. I assume the protagonist is being stalked by a malevolent force. Not sure if advanced AI is required, just some basic Move To Actor AI and Event Triggers. From my perspective its really going to be up to Writers and Level designers to place good dis-attractions and trigger mechanisms.

I was toying around with the idea of starring (line trace over a duration time) at the malevolent force for a duration of time, would change the Monster’s movement characteristics from slug-ish movement, speed increases, wall climbing, moving thru walls, teleporting behind the player.

I like the premise and I’m keeping my on this one.

hi im very interested in your project can you send me an email @ cbristow99@gmail.com with prices / needs

Hey TechLord, and sorry for the late reply!

Yes it does require a lot of effort to gather a likeminded group of people to work something for free until the game is sold! The good thing about this is that once you find the people that help you out, you will know for a fact that they are in it for the sake of passion. Only their patience, inspiration and the situation in life will determine if they’re going to be sticking with the project until the end of the task.

Yeah advanced A.I might sound a little weird for a game like this, but I’m holding it onto advanced until we figure out what we want specifically on some parts of the gameplay and as you said, the story and level design is the key factor for our game. You’re quite on point here :slight_smile:

Glad to get some tips from you! Without staring at the thing, would make it do something different. I really like that :slight_smile: Cool things like that are certainly going to be something we’re looking into soon.

Great to catch your interest! Feel free to contact us any time :slight_smile:

Hi,

I love the idea of your project and would like to get involved.

I’ve been working in Unreal Engine 4 since launch but have been away doing other things for the last 6 months.
I would like to get back working with a team, previously working on my own projects, one of them Cardboard Invasion:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil…/?id=318581572https://youtube.com/watch?v=W92_vsYJUd0
I have vast experience in Blueprints and have done numerous AI work on previous projects.

Thanks for the consideration.

Phillip

Hello Phillip,

Sent you a reply on your inbox. If there’s problems with reaching the message, you can email us at [EMAIL=“official.coldpizza@gmail.com”]official.coldpizza@gmail.com