"See Power of Two Setting in Texture Editor" replaces textures all around the scene when deploying to Android

So a lot of textures I use in my scene suddenly display this message when game I deploy my game to my Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.0:
“See Power of Two Setting in Texture Editor”
Funny thing is, it didn’t appear at all in the previous 30 or so deployments. It actually replaces materials that worked just fine in the previous deployment.
Before someone suggests it - going to the texture editor and activating Power of Two is not an option, as that creates a horrible black padding .
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I find it odd that this is happening after you said you had many successful deployments. Could you try migrating one of the bugged materials to a blank project and apply the material to the floor mesh in the default scene. Deploy this and see if you still get the error. This will tell you if the issue is with your asset or the project.

Generally when it comes to packaging there are a few trouble shooting steps to follow initially when having packaging issues:

1. Delete The following folders and then try repackaging

• Intermediate
  • Saved
  • Config (deleting this folder will result in having to re-enter all values for your Project Settings. So make a copy somewhere safe!)

2. Disable Plugins

NEXT
Please provide the Log file by clearing your Ouput Log, package your project, then Cut and Paste from the newly generated Output Log into a text document and post. There may be some messages in there warning you.

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

This could be an issue with the text format - I found that certain formats, like DT5, used in certain ways, such as in images in 2d widgets, could create issues when deployed onto certain devices. Change the format to something else and it could solve the problem. The “Interface 2D” format worked for me for what I needed to do.

Considering this completely absurd answerhub behaviour of reducing your karma when you post an answer to a question that wasn’t adequately answered before, I would appreciate some up votes to get the karma unfairly taken from my profile when all I was trying to do is to help the community.

I am having the same issue when using a .jpg background image in the main menu of my android game.

I found out that this issue relates to the android version of the device using.
All devices tested with android 6.0 and above did not have any issues.

I hope this information could help you!

Hi you can try to resize your texture to the 32 x 32, 64 x 64, 128 x 128, 256 x 256, 512 x 512, 1024 x 1024, 2048 x 2048

Here’s the solution:
Just had the same problem and it turned out ‘power of two’ means 2^n, i.e. 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 4096 and 8192.
Any texture that does not have one of those exact values as height+width may not be rendered correctly, so simply change the resolution of your texture images and reimport them.
When it comes to buttons / UI elements UE doesn’t expect you to have exclusively square images, so it will make an exception, provided that the program knows that the images are UI elements. To do that simply double-click the button image in your content browser and change the ‘Compression Setting’ from ‘Default’ to ‘UserInterface2D’.

1 Like

Hi! I have exactly this problem. However when I change the textures to power of two mode, it reduces the size of the actual texture and pads the rest out with whatever colour I choose. Unfortunately that means huge stripes of said colour all over my landscape. Is this fixable? I reimport the text once I’ve changed it to power of two and it appears as though whatever power of two size I pick makes no difference. Any suggestions would be most welcomed :slight_smile:

It actually replaces materials that worked just fine in the previous deployment. Before someone suggests it - going to the texture editor and activating Power of Two is not an option, as that creates horrible black padding but my experience multimeter tools where I buy(bestmultimeter2020) is very fascinating for me and it will be for you.