Because Epic is going all out on this Game Jam we are too! So go to the link below and check out all the rules for submitting to Epic. For our Meetup, if you can’t bring in your machine with game, bring in a link to get it.
Bring in your game jam submission for a chance to win a Leap Motion device!
Then submit to Epic for a chance to win even more prizes!
**THE RULES **
Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme (revealed Oct 8th on Twitch) in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline.
The game must not be an obvious extension of one of Epic Games’ official Unreal Engine tutorials. The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates. All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
**TIMELINE AND SUBMISSION **
In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we’ll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on October 8 and giving participants an entire week to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine.
IF YOU NEED A GROUP
Check the Unreal Forums here…
• 5 - 6PM - Setup + Meet and greet. We’ll pass out name tags and have a few playable games made by us members, to play all night!
• 6 - 7PM - Play Game Jam Submissions and after everyones had a chance to show off we will all decide on the winner!
• 7 - 9PM - More Q & A, one on one demos, and helping out with other members projects that are brought in.
• Smash Bros on Game Cube above the bar free play because we’re about that action.
• Bring your games, concept art, music, VR demos, whatever you’re doing with Unreal Engine we’d love to see it! Even if you have a game not built in UE4!
• Students are always welcome to bring projects to work on OR just show up and see what the local indie devs are doing.
• We strongly encourage indie devs, students, programmers and artists to bring their current projects in! We have a demo laptop that runs UE4.6 you can upload your entire project to it or you can bring in your own machine, and we can help you out and learn something new!
• Bonus material for attendees! Let’s fill this joint! Tell your friends and coworkers to come hang out and play the games that are being made right here in Seattle!
• Check us out on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeattleUnrealEngine4Developers/