Seamless Panner direction with TextureCoord Tiling

I’m using a panner with parameter collection values to move the light function on the directional light, but each time I’m touching the values, the texture position resets…

I’m tiling the TextCoords to UTiling: 0.1 and VTiling: 0.1 and I think thats the cause but I don’t know how to continue seamlessy while editing the parameters in runtime. Is there a way to save the coords?

I need to tile the Coords because otherwise it won’t seem clouds on the ground with that noise texture

Any ideas?

So yeas, I made it with the help of [this post][1] that have missed before, my apoligies, just needed to manipulate the coords from blueprint using Delta Seconds being able to store the two variables X and Y without the panner like this

On the blueprint I’ve set up the dynamic material named Clouds Material then created 2 new float variables OffsetX and OffsetY, 2 functions for updating the offsets to finally set the parameters to the Material

Then all is get the parameter from the collection for each coord, X and Y, creating two functions, multiplying the delta with the speed adding the offset with the modulo and setting it for each one

And that’s how I have beem able to track the coords and change the speed seamlessly without losing the texture position :smiley: if there’s a better approach it will be much appreciated !

1 Like