Scrolling left and right with buttons

Hi, newbie here.

I have a few images in a horizontal box nested in a Scrollbox. I also have 2 buttons on the 2 sides of the Scrollbox. Now I want the images in the scrollbox to scroll 1 at a time when these left/right buttons are clicked and towards their direction. Is there a way to do this? I can’t find any actions to help scroll specific directions or 1 image at a time so I thought I’d ask here.

Thanks!

Is there a reason for nesting it like so? If we had the images sitting directly in the scrollbox, this would do the trick:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I think this should work, and it helped me understand the visual coding a bit more, however I can’t emphasize enough how much of a newbie I am - I couldn’t make it work, the scroll won’t move either way. When I create current child index variable, is there anything I should keep in mind/do in the variable details? I assume the “Default Value” should be the amount of images in the scroll? Anything else I should be doing? I followed your graph to a T and this is the only thing I can think of what might be the issue… (By the way I have moved the images directly into the scrollbox. There was not really a reason for it other than that I read in another forum someone was saying to put images in a vertical box and put that in the scroller, so I thought that was the way to go :sweat_smile:)

Just wanted to let you know that it actually worked! But I had put everything in a size box as it will all be expanding when a button is clicked, and I guess the Sizebox was for some reason interfering with everything. Put everything in a scale box instead, and works like a charm. Thanks!

Thank you very much