Scifi Cryogenics Testing Facility - WIP

Hey all, I’ve been really busy with work lately but in my spare time I’ve been focusing on practicing my hard surface modelling for my environment art in unreal 4. I’ve put my Stargate environment to one side for now whilst I concentrate on scene.
I hope you all enjoy it. There are a lot of placeholder models at the moment which will be replaced soon. scene was heavily influenced by Prometheus, Alien, Dead Space, Mass Effect and pretty much all Science Fiction films. I took a lot of inspiration from Tor Fricks work and also other scifi environments on these forums, great work on here :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Herc.

Wow, ! How long did it take for you to create scene?

That looks Phenomenal!!! Is a scene for your portfolio?

I would pay good money for a marketplace download of scene, but it’s all good if you won’t be doing that. :slight_smile:

Beautiful work Herc!! Can’t wait to see your future progresses!

Thanks guys I’m glad you like the scene :slight_smile:

@: The scene took around 4 - 5 weeks but that was in between my day job and personal life etc. I spent roughly 2 to 3 hours every other day doing little bits.

@: Yes is a scene for my portfolio, it’s still not finished yet there would be a lot I would want to change and I also need to replace some placeholder models. There isn’t enough time in the day lol. And putting up as a Marketplace download might definitely be something I could do. But thank you for your kind words.

Someone need to make a game from !

Just curious, your 4-5 weeks include modeling/texturing work from scratch!?

Now thats impressive.

haha thank you ^^ and yes thats correct :slight_smile: I’m not 100% sure on how many hours I’ve put in to as I never really had a planned schedule to do work, I kinda just done a couple of hours every other day.

Woow!!!
piece of work!!!
I notice the UI on the screen, is it just a placeholder or have any real function?

works

The UI is just a basic placeholder for now, I would like to implement it into the HUD though. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Fantastic job Herc! All of the screenshots that you are showing look outstanding. I really hope to to see Testing Facility put into a project when it is complete. Be sure to keep us updated as you progress along in the development of your scene! Have a great day!

Thank you Sean it means a lot, and I’ll be sure to keep the community updated. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

is Epic.

Beautiful work!

Reminds me of Dino Crisis game, good work :slight_smile:

Very nice work, i’de love to see a quick fly through video :wink:

Thank you all, I’m really happy you’re all giving positive responses.
@CharlestonS: Once the scene is completed I will be rendering a video fly through. The screenshots aren’t really showcasing it to its full potential and not doing it much justice :slight_smile:

I still cannot wrap around how you can get done in only 4-5 weeks, & only 2 hours a day.

Any you can share how you achieve your massive speed. You have some kind of time machine that slow time?

Please release it when it is done.

@Starseeker: I’m not 100% sure on how many hours I put into project. I’m just guesstimating here :cool: I can work very quickly if I have a complete idea of what it is I want to model etc. Just a lot of practice I guess.

Outstanding!

The particle and lighting are really impressive.
So many sparks!
What is , some kind of cyborg repair shop?

Wow!

You say you are practising hard surface modeling.
Would you mind describing the workflow some more?
Are you baking high poly meshes, or painting normals?

The timescale seems pretty short so your workflow must already be good, whatever it is. :wink: