School computers are not updating to 4.7 only at 4.6

I am having a problem updating the launchers at school to 4.7 so I can load up my level. It only updated to 4.6 where at my house I have it updated to 4.7…

Thanks!

Hi Garreezy,

What exactly are you seeing? Will it not download properly or is 4.7 just not listed under the engine versions?

4.7 is not listed under the engine versions at all. the only update they did have was 4.6.1

Hi Garreezy,

We’re currently investigating this issue with missing engines at the moment, are you using the school’s account to log in or your own personal account?. I’m not sure about your school’s setup, but it would best for you to talk with the IT department before updating the school computers. I also want to stress that 4.7 is currently a preview build and it is only meant for testing compatibility and testing new features. I would not recommend updating school computers to the 4.7 Preview build at this point in time.

-Max B.

Hi Max, I used my account to log in on the schools computers. So do you think that everything that I built in my level in 4.7 will not be there in future updates?
If that is the case is there anyway to export my project that is in 4.7 to 4.6 and have my whole project placed correctly and working? and also in the future where can I look to see these updates so I dont have this problem in the future? thanks.

While it should work for future 4.7 preview updates and when 4.7 gets out of preview mode, there is no guarantee. Also you probably will not be able to open it in an older version of the editor. Preview builds will have the preview tag in the launcher and should have a warning pop up when select the version for download.

-Max B.