SceneCaptureComponent2D Dark render tagret

I add a scene capture component to my scene and assign a target texture. The render target ends up really dark.
I play with the post-process in the capture component but nothing happens. No matter what value is changed, nothing is visually different.

• I’m literally dragging and dropping a scene capture component and assigning a newly created render texture, that’s it.

LOL at UE4.

LOL at UE4.

The real question is what else are you doing as this seems to work fine out of the box…

Image from Gyazo

Can you show an example? And the material?

I have a scene (it’s just Time of Day
level with only mesh added, no post
process or anything). And I just
created a brand new render texture
with all defaults unchanged, then I
dragged in a scenecapture2D component,
assigned it my render texture and
that’s it.

That should be it.

The result was the same as when the
play button is pressed, you know how
the default post-process has that eye
adaption and exposure, it takes a bit
to brighten up.

What if you disable the exposure for now - as in, set it to the same value? Does it change anything?

edit, I’m still on 4.25 so it’s not impossible that things work differently in 4.26 all of a sudden, however unlikely that is.

Do tell if you figure it out.

I didn’t think there was a need for an example, but if yours works…I am stumped. I will try reinstall or migrate to a new project.

I have a scene (it’s just Time of Day level with only mesh added, no post process or anything). And I just created a brand new render texture with all defaults unchanged, then I dragged in a scenecapture2D component, assigned it my render texture and that’s it.

The result was the same as when the play button is pressed, you know how the default post-process has that eye adaption and exposure, it takes a bit to brighten up. Imagine the very first frame, it’s very dark. That’s exactly what the capture component gives me. The dark first frame. I have played with post-process in both the scene and the capture component and the capture component never changes.

I’m just going to refresh the project as it works for you.
Thanks for the help :slight_smile: