Scarecrow from my RE Village scene in UE 5.1 using Vertex Animation Texture

I created the entire looping animation using vertex animation texture inside of Houdini followed by texturing the mesh inside of Substance Painter. The entire workflow saved me from the pain of optimizing the mesh and taking a more simpler path rather than real-time cloth simulation.

1 Like

Greetings @Mridulsrmh !

Your scarecrow is eerily beautiful and spellbinding. It reminds me of the Plague Doctor from the movie Mad God (look for it at your own risk, if you dare :wink:).

Although the fabric is tattered, there’s a certain peaceful grace to it. It evokes feelings of haunting foreboding, memories of time passed, and of bucolic serenity.

Is your scene a student project or a personal project? What are your goals for your RE scene?

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Get_DOVAH_it !
This project is just a personal project for my portfolio, and mostly I want to showcase my environment creation and lighting skills with this project.

1 Like

Hey there @Mridulsrmh,

Hope you’re doing well and having a great week so far!

I know this is merely a scarecrow but it reminded me a bit of a grim reaper/scarecrow combo. Most likely because of the coldness of the scene - it felt a little bit more symbolic than just a plain scarecrow. The lighting is also really well done and adds to that icy feeling when you first glance at the scene.

Beautifully done. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so so much, @PresumptivePanda !
Glad you like it. :wink:

2 Likes